TURTLE FOUNDATION is an international non-governmental, non-profit organization working for the protection and conservation of sea turtles. Since 2008, TURTLE FOUNDATION is implementing a program for the protection of loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta) on the island Boavista, Cape Verde.
TURTLE FOUNDATION is currently seeking a Portuguese speaking Project coordinator.
Title of the position: Project Coordinator
Employer: TURTLE FOUNDATION
Job location: Boavista Island, Cape Verde, West Africa
Period of employment: March 2015 – End of December 2016
How to apply: email@example.com
For further information on the turtle project please visit: www.turtle-foundation.org
TURTLE FOUNDATION is currently seeking a portuguese speaking Project coordinator to implement a multi-stakeholder based management system for eco-touristic activities on Boavista Island.
The core of this management system is a new software based distribution tool for Turtle Watching groups. The software will be provided by Turtle Foundation and the Project Coordinator will receive training to operate the system.
The Project Coordinator will organize and moderate stakeholder meetings with governmental authorities, companies, NGOs and community members, in order to introduce the system and to seek support for the project. The successful candidate will establish an office with a team of two cape verdean call-agents to run the system. He/she is responsible for hiring local employees, oversee work structures and budget, supervise personnel and to keep contact to governmental authorities, local project partners and the headquarter in Europe.
This is a management position that requires an assertive individual with excellent communication skills, good organizational skills, sound judgment, initiative, flexibility and.
Salary: 800 EUR/month
Accommodation and a return flight to Boavista will be provided.
Qualifications The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- University degree in tourism or business administration, social science or equivalent
- A minimum of two years of working experience in a project management position
- Must be fluent in Portuguese and English
- Experience in negotiating with governmental authorities, enterprises, NGOs and community members
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Holding a driving license
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, transcripts and at least two professional references to