• Step 2
Ensure you can answer all following questions with a clear and honest “YES”:
Have you thoroughly read our General Information document?
Are you at least 18 years old?
Are you aware that …
- … volunteering in sea turtle conservation demands dedication and substantial time commitment?
- … working to protect and preserve sea turtles will be enlightening and filled with rewarding moments, even though some tasks may occasionally be repetitive or monotonous?
- … conservation efforts will often be carried out under challenging and uncomfortable conditions, such as traversing sandy shores at night, enduring heat, and encountering mosquitoes?
- … your schedule will be primarily focused on working at nights, 6 days in a row, but the cherry on top is a well-deserved full day off to explore the enchanting island on your own or simply relax in the camp?
- … working at nights, means adjusting to daytime sleep, which might be a minor challenge, but the thrill of this unique experience will far outweigh any temporary sleep disruption.
- … you will be accommodated in modest shared tents in campsites, and spend your nights at the nesting beaches (you can rest in a tent during your free time)?
- … meals will consist of locally sourced ingredients, which may result in repetitive yet nourishing options?
- … you will work and live with young local rangers who primarily communicate in Portuguese/Creole and may have limited experience in other languages?
Are you willing to cover your travel expenses to the project location and contribute a daily fee for food and lodging?
Are you prepared to commit a minimum of two weeks (preferably three or more) to working in our project?
Can you effectively communicate, comprehend, and follow instructions in either English (our primary language) or Portuguese?
If you confidently answered “YES” to all the above questions, we eagerly looking forward to your volunteer application.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at any time.
- Applications for volunteer positions can be made for this year’s and the next year’s nesting season (1st July – 15th October).
- Long term volunteers who want to stay for eight weeks and more are requested to attach a short CV to the application form.
- Only complete applications will be considered. Thanks for your understanding!